Godly Play - The Ten Best Ways to Live

The kids and I had a great time telling the Godly Play story The Ten Best Ways to Live.

You'll find the story script in the book Young Children and Worship but before making my own story materials or telling the story to my kids, I find it helpful to watch someone else tell the story online. Here's the link to the story I saw.

After watching or reading the story, you'll see that telling it requires a heart-shaped box and some pieces that go inside that, when put together, look like a heart. Each piece represents one of the ten commandments.



The official Godly Play materials for the heart and commandment pieces (as seen in the video) are made of wood and have etchings on them. But using a heart-shaped cardboard box I got from a craft store and cutting the commandment pieces out of felt was a lot more inexpensive! Here's what the individual pieces, representing each of the ten commandments, look like:



The other materials I used to tell this story I already had on hand from previous Godly Play stories. For more on those materials, including more Godly Play ideas, check out my Pinterest board!

No comments:

Post a Comment